Gluten Free Buttery Shortbread
Rated 0 stars by 1 users
Fudge & James
- Sift together dry ingredients
- Make sure butter is very soft but not melting and mix with the sifted flour and sugar with the paddle attachment of a stand mixer or by hand using a wooden spoon until ingredients are well combined.
- Add the vanilla paste and mix to incorporate fully. The dough should look more like a stiff paste.
- Dust workbench with more GF plain flour and tip our dough. knead the dough slightly with plenty of GF flour on your hands until it forms a nice soft ball of dough.
- Using a rolling pin and more GF flour if you need it to prevent the dough from sticking, roll out to 1cm thickness and cut cookies in whatever shape you like. I use an old peanut butter jar to get nicely sized round cookies.
- Arrange on baking trays making sure they are well spaced apart then chill the trays in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling preheat the oven to 150C.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. They shouldn’t really brown up much at all. When they have cooled fully they should be nice and crisp all the way through.
Original recipe - https://fudgeandjames.co.nz/gluten-free-buttery-shortbread/