Gluten Free Chocolate & Ginger Cheesecake
Rated 0 stars by 1 users
Fudge & James
500g pack full fat cream cheese at room temp
- 500 mls cream chilled
- 1 teaspoon good quality vanilla paste (don’t buy the cheap stuff, it really makes a difference)
- 150g caster sugar
- 100ml ginger syrup
- 100g 70% dark chocolate
- 225g dark chocolate and ginger biscotti (or other crunchy biscuits)
- 125g salted butter
- 50g chopped chrystalised ginger
50g lightly crushed biscotti
For the chocolate ganache swirl
For the base
To Decorate (optional)
- Blitz the biscotti in a food processor until they are a fine powder.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan or the microwave and add to the biscotti crumbs. Press into a 24cm spring form cake tin and chill in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- While the base is chilling, beat the philly, sugar and vanilla until very soft. Ideally the philly should be at room temp but if you get it out of the fridge just beat it for an extra few minutes to warm and soften it up. For best results i use the paddle attachment of a stand mixer.
- In a separate bowl whip the cream to soft peaks
- When the cream is whipped, gently fold the cream into the philly mixture with a large spoon or spatula until fully incorporated.
- Next, make the chocolate ganache. Heat the cream in a pan or microwave until it is too hot to touch but not boiling. Pour this over the chocolate (broken into chunks) and stir until the chocolate melts and you have a smooth, thick ganache and then leave to cool slightly until just slightly warm but not so hot it will melt the cheesecake mixture but still liquid enough to drizzle.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture onto the base and smooth the top.
- Drizzle the cooled chocolate ganache in rough vertical lines over the cheesecake and then take a knife or toothpick and drag across the lines horizontally to create the rough feathered effect with the chocolate.
- Return to the fridge and leave to set for at least 4-6 hours.
- Decorate with the chopped chrystalised ginger and crushed extra biscotti right before serving to make sure the crushed biscotti are nice and crunchy.
Original recipe - https://fudgeandjames.co.nz/gluten-free-chocolate-and-ginger-cheesecake/